SEARCH ENGINE (SEO) MARKETING Tips.
Search Engine (SEO) Marketing
Ever wonder why some websites run better than others on the search engines? A powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization otherwise known as SEO is responsible. SEO can bring extra traffic to your website because it places it in more visible places on the search engines, so when visitors are searching for your particular product in your industry, they are seeing your site amongst the top ones. This is the power of SEO! To get a better understand of how SEO is structured, lets take a look at the ‘Search Engine’.
What are Search Engines?
Search engines are large databases of web page files that have been grouped and assembled together by machine.
How do Search Engines work?
Search engines employ ‘spider’ or ‘robots’ to crawl through the web space from link to link, identifying and recording web pages. Sites with no links and other pages may be entirely missed. Once these spiders get to a web site they index most of the publicly available words on that site.
Web page owners can submit their site URL’s to the search engines for ‘crawling’. These will eventually be added to the search engine databases. So, whenever you conduct a search on the web you are essentially asking the engine to scan it’s database of sites to match your keywords and phrases. This is how search engines work.
Best Tips for SEO
1. Find the Best Keywords
It would be a waste of your time to optimize your website for keywords that are not even being searched for. Even if you do get top placement for a broad keyword that isn’t what most users are looking for, Google will calculate the number of times users did not select your listing, and the number of times they returned to the search results to choose a different website. Trying to beat this calculation is futile and more often then not, just a huge waste of time and energy.
2. Discover What Your Competitors are Doing
Knowing how many incoming links your competitors has, will give you a fantastic edge. Doing your research here will give you specific ideas of how you should structure your keywords as you can see what is working for your competitors.
Check for the following:
- Competitor rank in the search engines
- Quantity AND quality of incoming links (prioritized)
- What keywords are in the title of linking page?
- The Google PageRank™ or MozRank of linking pages
- The popularity of the linking domain
3. Write Very Linkable & Sharable Content
The content on your site is very important. It should have, distributed within it ,rich keywords that can be picked up easily by the ‘crawlers’. Make sure:
- The content is useful
- The content is original
- You can’t help but link to it
- There are supportive facts and references
- There’s enough detail that nobody can memorize it
- Something fun or interesting is included (like video)
4. Optimize Your Title and Meta Tags
HTML titles and meta tags should be different on every page of your website for most search engines to store and list them in the search results. HTML titles and meta tags will be discussed in further training materials.
Great SEO Example Sites
has about 25,000 backlinks
been around 7 years
alexa rank 5,136
Google pr 5
over 56,000 backlinks been around 5 years
4,963 Google pr 5
FREE SEO Tools
SEO Moz to check keywords and other detailed information
Best FREE Keyword Tools
Go Rank both our free versions must upgrade to get full benefits
Seo Action Tips You Can Use This Week To Improve Your Rankings
- Write a unique article and submit to article directories
- Write a page or post on your blog or website and ping/ send to the Free tools we have listed
- Record a video and post to your site or submit to youtube and other top video sites
- Comment on other people sites were can place your website link.
- Use the free google keyword tool and pick keywords with low competition but in high search demand
- Update your site or blog daily with new content if possible
- Do one seo task every other day or every day
Search engine optimization has been around for well over a decade and has become more and more important and sought after as more sites are being created and indexed. Early search engines held an index of just a few hundred thousand web files however, today with the increasing popularity of the internet and heavy business migration to the web, search engines are now indexing hundreds of millions of pages and respond to tens of millions of queries per day.
Learning SEO will do incredible things for your business.
Thanks again for Reading.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!