How to Create Engaging Content using Facebook
Effective use of Facebook Graph Search:
The newly launched Facebook Graph Search allows members of the world’s largest social network to find content through their Facebook social connections.
What is Graph Search?
Launched in limited beta in January 2013, Graph Search allows Facebook users to examine relationships with trillions of objects, currently focusing on a subset of content within its ecosystem: people, photos, places, and interests. With Graph Search, Facebook users make queries by combining phrases to find content shared on Facebook:
- People: “friends who live in my hometown,” “people who like things I like,” “people who like soccer in New York City”
- Photos: “photos of my friends in Los Angeles,” “photos of Nike,” “photos I like”
- Places: “restaurants in Los Angeles,” “restaurants my friends in New York like,” “countries my friends have visited”
- Interest: “music my friends like,” “movies liked by people who like movies I like,” “books read by my family,” “videos of TV shows my friends like”
Graph Search results are indexed (in order of relevancy) based on the strength of the relationship with one’s social network connections.
6 Keys to Creating Engaging Content Using Facebook
Six key considerations:
- Publish, and publish often: A brand’s editorial calendars should include a variety of formats, including photos and videos, to engage each audience. Note that photos and videos must be posted directly to the Facebook platform, rather than via links to third-party sites, such as YouTube.
- Include keyword rich tags and descriptions that reflect the linguistic behaviors of the audience to increase the likelihood of appearing in a user’s Graph Search results.
- Include the location where photos and videos are taken to index for results in a particular city.
- If your brand’s post has a physical location associated with it, create or update Facebook pages that refer to your local area with your address and contact information.
- Consider contests or promotions that encourage users to submit photos and videos, and tag your brand in their submissions, further increasing the potential connections between your brand and the Facebook audience.
- Ensure that the About section of your brand‘s Facebook Page is optimized with the relevant names, categories, and descriptions.
In short: create content that is useful, usable, visible, desirable, and engaging — the cornerstones of building a socially-connected brand.
Read Full Article By Amanda Peters
Facebook Graph Search has potential. If Facebook can get users to adopt the new functionality, and if Facebook can enrich personalized results, we may see Graph Search start to own local search over the likes of Google Local, Trip Advisor, and Yelp. There is however a long way for it to go.
Looking for more tips on leveraging the latest social media trends to create engaging content?
“if you enjoyed our post, please consider sharing it using the buttons below leaving any”-
Comments / Feedback / Suggestions… Thanks.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!